Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Amazon Kindle on iPhone and iPod Touch

When the Kindle from Amazon first came out, I really wanted one, even though I realized how unnecessary (and expensive!) it was. Then, when the Kindle 2 came out with an improved display, longer battery life, more storage, and many more improvements, I really, really wanted one. I had to remind myself that it wasn't worth spending $359.00 on this new toy.

But still, I liked the idea of being able to get (almost) any book at any time on a device that I can carry around with me. So imagine my excitement when I hopped onto Gizmodo.com this morning to see that Kindle was now an application available for the iPhone (and iPod Touch)! The best of all, it's FREE! Well, the download for the application is free, but the books still cost money (about $9.99 for a new release book).



"The free program brings several of the Kindle's functions to the iPod and iPhone's much smaller, non-E-Ink screen, including the same electronic books, magazines and newspapers that Kindle owners can buy, and the ability to change text size, add bookmarks, note and highlight stuff." - from this Gizmodo article.

I have an iPod touch, so this application might come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment