Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who Needs Music When You Have Podcasts?

While I'm on the subject of podcasts, I thought that I would talk about the ones that I listen to on a daily/weekly basis. I'll also give the links to the podcast on both iTunes and their websites if you are interested in checking them out.

I listen to podcast more than I do music, and my favorite podcast out there is the The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack. They do episodes twice a week (on Wednesday nights after LOST and on Monday mornings). Their banter back and forth and their crackpot theories make it a great show that I anticipate every week.

Jay and Jack on iTunes
www.jayandjack.com

Filmspotting is a podcast done by Chicago film critics Matty Robinson and Adam Kempenaar. Each Friday, Adam and Matty usually review one or two new movies and discuss their film-related top 5 lists. I tend to agree with their reviews and opinions of movies, and their film discussions make for an entertaining show.

Filmspotting on iTunes
www.filmspotting.net

Two of the best video podcasts out there are The Totally Rad Show and Diggnation. The Totally Rad Show features entertaining reviews of movies, video games, TV shows, and sometimes comic books from three guys - Alex Albrecht, Dan Trachtenberg, and Jeff Cannata. Diggnation features discussion of the top entertainment/technology related stories on the website Digg.com, hosted by Alex Albrecht and Digg.com-founder Kevin Rose.

The Totally Rad Show on iTunes (Small Quicktime Version)
www.totallyradshow.com

Diggnation on iTunes (Small Quicktime Version)
www.diggnation.com

A podcast that I just recently began listening to, but enjoy very much is the Adam Carolla podcast. The podcast is explicit, but Adam's social commentary is hilarious, and each day he has one of his celebrity friends co-host the show with him.

The Adam Carolla Podcast on iTunes
www.adamcarolla.com

That's all for now! I listen to many more podcasts, so I may discuss more in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment