Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Netflix Streaming: Watch Great Movies and Great TV Shows Instantly

Other than LOST, my favorite TV show would have to be The Office on NBC. I've seen every episode of this hilarious show more times than I can count! Best of all, every episode of The Office, seasons 1 - 4, can be viewed instantly on a computer or an Xbox 360 through the Netflix Watch Instantly feature.



Netflix Streaming is something that I use every day through my Xbox 360. With thousands of movies and hundreds of TV shows, I think that it is a great alternative to cable, especially for college students. I subscribe to the $8.99 monthly plan, which allows for unlimited streaming, as well as 1 DVD at a time unlimited through the mail.

According to an article I found on money.cnn.com, Netflix is considering offering a streaming-only service. I would be all for this plan, but according to this article, customers would be "spending $9.99 a month for an Internet streaming-only service." That doesn't seem to make much sense to me, considering that I am now paying $8.99 a month for unlimited steaming PLUS DVDs!

Nevertheless, whatever Netflix decides to do, the streaming service is a great innovation in the way we are able to watch movies and TV shows.

I have 488 movies and TV shows in my Watch Instantly Queue right now because I just add anything that looks interesting!

Some movies available to stream now that I would recommend include: Man on Wire, The King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters, The Illusionist, A Christmas Story, Superbad, Primer, Confessions of a Superhero, The Lookout, That Thing You Do, Cool Hand Luke, The Professional, Reign Over Me, Best in Show, Ratatouille, Little Dieter Needs to Fly, The Boondock Saints, The Pixar Story, The Orphanage, No Country for Old Men, The Fugitive, King of California, Back to the Future 1,2,3, Ghostbusters, Scarface, Grindhouse, Spaceballs, The Mask of Zorro, The Time Machine, An Evening with Kevin Smith 1 and 2, Frequency, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, and Casablanca.

Some of the great TV shows available include: The Office (US and UK versions), 30 Rock, Mythbusters, Heroes, CSI, Law and Order, The Twilight Zone, and Friday Night Lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment