Monday, February 2, 2009

Video Blog 1: Word Jumble



This is my first video blog for MCOM 225: Introduction to Digital Production! The sentence formed from the word jumble is: "President Brittany Spears eats stinky lasagna and runs in monkey underpants." I've used Final Cut in the past, but I learned about a couple new and valuable tips:

I did not know about the various ways of scrubbing through video, and I thought that the "J-K-L" method worked the best for me today. Learning the terms for various elements within Final Cut today helped me better understand the connections between them. I learned that the Browser, containing the folders (know as bins) is connected to the Bin Viewer right next to it. Also, I learned that the Timeline is connected to the Canvas Viewer, the section in which elements of the Timeline can be viewed.

I did not realize that changing the audio type from stereo to mono could reduce the file size by nearly half of its size. This is a tip that will come in handy on future videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment