Friday, April 10, 2009

"Dead is Dead" Thoughts and Theories... kind of

First things first, this isn't going to be like my previous episode recaps. I'm just going to be honest for a minute: LOST is pissing me off this season! Every story line is being rushed and the show has been getting very sloppy, especially when it comes to continuity errors and the writer's apparent ignorance of previously established facts. This week's episode, "Dead is Dead," featured another reason why I'm disappointed with the show lately: very bad CGI. The Smoke Monster has been done very well in the past but this week's CG Smokie was terrible, cheesy, and embarrassing to watch.


Ben inside of the shitty CG smoke monster.

Some of the scenes in this episode were good, but again, they all felt very, very rushed. I miss the pace of seasons one, two, and three. Most people disagree with me, feeling that this newer, faster pace has made the show better than ever. In fact, critics are praising the show more now than ever before. For example, IGN gave this episode a 9.4 out of 10 and, as I posted last week, LOST recently won a Peabody Award. I really don't know what the heck they are all smoking.



Maybe I am just being too hard on the show. I still believe that LOST is the best drama TV has to offer these days, but I just felt like venting a bit of recent frustration through this blog post!

For more information on "Dead is Dead," including a full episode synopsis, transcript, and a VERY LONG LIST OF CONTINUITY ERRORS, visit this article on Lostpedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment