Monday, April 20, 2009

Fallout Movie on the Horizon?

Ok, so it's 5 a.m. and I haven't been able to get to sleep yet, so I figured it's as good a time as any to blog!

I used to play a lot of video games, that is, until this semester at SDSU took over my life! By far my favorite game of last year was Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360. It is a game truly unparalleled in its scope. I was sucked into Fallout's rich story and immense environment set in a post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C from the very beginning. I loved the feel and presentation of the game, which I can best compare to the nostalgic qualities of the 1950s Cold War era.



So imagine my excitement when I logged onto IGN.com to discover an article about a possible, upcoming Fallout movie! Yes, according to IGN writer Martin Robinson, Bethesda Softworks, the company that made Fallout 3, recently filed "a trademark for the brand covering both a television series and film."

The company's filing with the US Patent and Trademark Office site lays claim to use of the "Fallout" name for "entertainment services in the nature of an on-going television program," as well as "motion picture films about a post-nuclear apocalyptic world."

So this claim might just be an attempt by the company to prevent others from profiting from the "Fallout" name... but I agree with IGN and anticipate a Fallout TV show and/or movie!


... but then again, Mad Max kinda already was like a Fallout movie... oh well, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment